I feel like we have a lot of Christmas movies on our list but there are so many and some that have already been traditional family movies that I just try and add another activity onto that. I tried a new recipe for carmel corn and its yummy! Its a crunchy recipe and is supposed to store well in the freezer. Here it is:
12 qts popped corn
Preheat oven to 250
Combine the following in saucepan:
2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter
1/2 c corn syrup
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
Bring to boil and boil 5 min.
Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 tsp baking soda.
Mix well and pour carmel over popcorn.
Spread on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray.
Bake for 20 min - stirring once. Remove and break apart.
For a richer treat use less popcorn.
I used 10 qts and that was 3 cookie sheets worth.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment