Saturday, December 6, 2008

Decorate the house for Christmas


We had fun getting out the boxes full of Christmas "things" and its fun to watch the house transform into something festive. We didn't get everything put up (mostly because we haven't gotten our tree yet - I think that is Day 12) but the girls were really excited about the stockings. Jodi and Cora have been talking about Santa coming down the "chiminy" for several days now. I've gotta get my mom to finish Marcus' stocking and then his can hang too. Here is the inbetween-math (rather than aftermath which I still need to clean up!) of our decorating as well a shot of the floor we put in ourselves.
Gotta love Cora's face! They are very good at the cheesy faces and they're excited for their stockings.

I had to put in a picture of the pillars - that is what caught my eye on the house in the first place. I imagined wrapping them in white lights and pine garland at Christmas. Well this year its this darling homemade holly and ivy instead. I spent a lot of time today cutting out those pieces and sewing them together. I'm rather pleased with myself I just wish I had a better shot of the whole thing.


No comments: