Thursday, February 5, 2009

Age of Discovery



This is an Age of Discovery around here. As my kids are growing I thought I'd stop to think about what they are discovering in the wonderful world of ours. I should always be seeking to learn as well so I need to brush up on my observation prowess.


MARCUS is discovering that...

-toys bounce very well down the stairs

-he gets quite a reaction when he pushes buttons of the computer keyboard

-the table is a whole new playing surface

-he loves Curious George (thanks Nana and Bapa!)

-how to torment the cat, boy oh boy is he good!


CORA is discovering...

-what happens when we decide not to use the bathroom

-how much Marcus loves to pick on her

- how good she is at sharing with her big sister (after some coaxing from said sibling!)

-that sweet potatoes are "yucky"


JODI is discovering...

-how to use daddy's iPod

-just what classifies as "cool" music like Axel F's Crazy Frog which has been played 54 times within the past month

- that she really likes Strawberry Shortcake

-the use of the dramatic ultimatum "I'm never going to play with anyone again!" for instance


LESLEY is discovering...

-how little housework I get done when I'm trying to read a book

-the joys of the seed catalog, c'mon spring I wanna play in the dirt!

-using coupons requires quite a bit more organization that I've got

-how little she likes being a landlord!!!!!! but also that the Lord always provides a way!!!!!!


ERIC is discovering...

-what types of muffins he likes for breakfast

-that he REALLY wants a career change

-his polar bear skills (he went on the Boy Scout Klondike and kidded me that it wasn't that much different than being in our house!)

-how many sit-ups and push-ups he can do

2 comments:

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Good discoveries all around.

Lisa said...

I like Cora's discovery of what happens when we don't use the bathroom the best. Though that's probably your least favorite. :)