Thursday, August 16, 2007

Holes in my ears

After 25 years I got to pierce my ears!
(My mother is slightly disappointed - none of my sisters or my mom have pierced ears - we weren't allowed. She's kidding with her little comments and its funny to me but apparently I'm becoming a "wild child." I threatened to take all my sisters with me. Maybe its this 3rd baby.)
I was worried it would hurt more than I thought it would but it took a whole of 2 minutes and $8 and the deed was done. Now I just have to wait until they heal and I can start wearing "cutesy" ear rings. We'll see how long that lasts before I just wear the same pair every day. :) "Low maintenance Lesley"

2 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

My mom doesn't have hers either. She highly discouraged us from getting them pierced. The older girls in my family had to wait until they were 16. I, the 4th daughter, wore my mom down and was able to get them done when I was 14. When I was in high school I wore different earrings every day. I've worn the same pair of earrings now for the last 5-6 years pretty much. I'll very occasionally switch them out for a day, but it's very rare. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for different earrings, I'm still glad I got my ears pierced. And I hear ya on the low maintenance thing.

Erin said...

I was a lover of the pierced ears thing all growing up and it was a dream come true to have them done. Then I got a second set, then Pres. Hinckley said that was a no-no. I took them out and to this day only wear the pearl studs I've grown to love. Especially after having a baby. They are too interested in anything bigger or easier to grab. I hope it's tons of fun for you to explore the wide world of earrings.